Date Added: 15 September 2020
: 25 September 2020
Job Title: Senior Caseworker and Administrator
Working For: Chris Philp MP (Croydon South)
Salary: In line with IPSA guide lines
Chris Philp MP is looking for a Senior Caseworker and Administrator to work in his busy Parliamentary Office. A good level of autonomy is needed given Chris’s responsibilities as a Minister. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to policy queries and some complex casework
- Policy research
- Manage the Member's diary and liaise with the Ministerial office team at the Home Office and Ministry of Justice
- Liaise with offices of other MPs in relation to matters connected to Chris’s Ministerial responsibilities
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the office budget, keeping the MP informed of all relevant financial matters and liaising with IPSA on office finance
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, organisations in Westminster and constituents through a variety of methods
- Manage and monitor incoming calls, face to face enquiries, emails and social media enquiries, and sort and record daily mail.
- Ensure the office is fully equipped. Liaise with suppliers when required regarding office supplies and security
- Deal with security matters, keep abreast of security guidance, maintain the security system, liaise with external bodies as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with the other team members
- The role will be based in Westminster when normal operations apply
Previous experience of working for a Member of Parliament is desirable, as is evidence of a clear interest in politics. A university degree is required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 September 2020
Interviews will be conducted towards the end of w/c 28th September on zoom.
The successful applicant will start as soon as possible.
Applicants should send a CV (one side of A4) and a cover letter outlining why they are suitable for the role (one side of A4) to email@example.com by Monday 25th September at 18:00 with the subject line: SENIOR CASEWORKER APPLICATION.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a written task. Due to the number of applications received, not all applications will be acknowledged. If you do not hear back within a week of the closing date, unfortunately you will have not been successful.
18 Sept: Closing date changed to 25 Sept