Date Added: 15 September 2020
: 30 September 2020
Job Title: Policy Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon Greg Hands MP (Chelsea and Fulham)
The Rt Hon Greg Hands MP is looking for a full-time Policy Caseworker to join his busy team based at the House of Commons.
The successful candidate will be pro-active, with strong communication, IT and inter-personal skills. The role of Policy Caseworker requires a can-do attitude and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Previous experience in a similar role and/or working for a Member of Parliament is desirable.
The job will involve:
• drafting responses to a wide range of policy correspondence from constituents
• logging cases and data entry
• managing and progressing casework independently
• providing information and advice to constituents on a wide range of policy issues
• occasionally liaising with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector and others to assist constituents
• monitoring constituency issues
• providing briefings on complex cases and local issues
• ensuring all records and data are managed confidential and in line with current data protection legislation
The successful applicant will have:
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• the ability to manage and prioritise their workload
• experience in taking initiative and ability to work independently and un-supervised
• a positive attitude with the ability to work as part of a busy team and to tight deadlines
• strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload under pressure
• strong IT skills and ability and confidence to use casework management software (training will be provided)
• experience of dealing with members of the public
• knowledge of one or more foreign languages is desirable
Closing Date: 30 September 2020
Interviews are likely to commence (remotely via Zoom/Microsoft Teams) on 1 October 2020. We might appoint before the closing date.
Please note that only candidates who are invited to an interview will receive a response.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your CV
- a one-page covering letter
- one piece of recent written work (letter, article, blog)
Please ensure to add ‘Application – Policy Caseworker’ to the subject line of your email.