Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
Are you looking to kick start you career within the biotech industry? Utilise your undergraduate degree and join our Graduate Intern program. We are seeking an intern to work in our growing External Affairs team for a six- or twelve-month period.
About the UK Graduate Intern Program
Biogen’s UK and Ireland External Affairs team supports the organisation across its work in a range of neurological and neurodegenerative diseases, such as Multiple Sclerosis and Spinal Muscular Atrophy, as well as our biosimilar team’s focus on inflammatory conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis.
The intern will work with the team across the whole variety of the work carried out. This includes activities in
- Patient advocacy
- Communications, internal and external, and digital
- Public policy and government affairs
Within this work the intern will be given opportunities to work closely with members of the External Affairs team and the wider UK and Irish organisation. The successful candidate will be able to run their own projects, reporting to the team.
If you are ambitious, have a high learning agility and are passionate about the Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Industry and communications and external affairs, we would like to hear from you.
A recent undergraduate degree in a relevant subject, such as business/management, or a scientific discipline. We are looking for
· Strong academic achievements
· Ability to navigate ambiguity
· Eagerness to learn and willingness to challenge status quo
· Extracurricular activities that demonstrate your drive and skillset
· Demonstrated interest in a career in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical Industry
· Interest in media, communications, policy and government affairs.