Date Added: 14 September 2020
: 20 September 2020
Job Title: Political Executive
Working For: DeHavilland
DeHavilland’s Political Executives are part of the Content Team, who work together to provide our clients with well-informed, tailored and engaging content about UK and EU politics, as well as driving and maintaining high quality content.
This includes writing - ranging from longer-form policy analysis to debate summaries - video and social media, biographies and snappy video explainers of political process.
• Summarising political events in the UK and EU parliaments
• Producing timely and engaging emails to all clients and responding to their enquiries
• Producing well written summaries of parliamentary business and committee sessions, in line with the house style
• Proof-reading and editing
• Maintaining and improving DeHavilland’s PeoplePoint database of political stakeholders
• Researching and producing analysis of UK and EU politics
• Maintaining data sets and transforming them into content
• Generating fresh content ideas to help improve our service
• Using analytics and client feedback to proactively drive customer engagement with content
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
• Speed, accuracy, and attention to detail
• Demonstrable experience of writing high quality content for a defined audience
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritisation skills task, demonstrated by experience thriving in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong communication skills
• A commitment to teamwork
• Analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data
• Positive attitude and professional manner
• Familiarity with Microsoft (Word, Excel) and Google Suite products
• A good general knowledge of and interest in UK and / or EU politics
• Qualified to degree level, preferably in a relevant subject (or with work experience which demonstrates equivalent skills and development)
• Work experience in a political or policy role
• Experience of using social media in a professional context
• Familiarity with Adobe products (eg. InDesign, Photoshop, Rush)
Closing Date: 20 September 2020
Early applications are encouraged. Those interviewed will also be asked to take a short writing test. Ideally the successful person would start in late September, but we will honour any notice period or existing commitments (NB. we are all working remotely at present due to COVID-19).
If you're interested in applying please submit a CV (max. two pages) and cover letter (max. one page) to us here:
We'd love to respond to everyone who applies but, due to the expected number of applications, sadly this is not possible.