Date Added: 2 September 2020
: 18 September 2020
Job Title: Campaigns and Communications Officer
Working For: Matt Vickers MP (Stockton South)
Location: Stockton South Constituency
Salary: Competitive - Based on Experience
Matt Vickers MP for Stockton South is looking for a Campaigns and Communications Officer. This is a full-time role based in the Stockton South Constituency.
Matt is looking for someone who is passionate about the difference MPs can make to the lives of their constituents, someone who is creative, has strong initiative and is keen to make their mark and make the role their own.
This role is ideally suited for a recent Graduate, or someone who is looking to take their first steps into the Political Arena.
Role to include, but not limited to:
• Design and deliver an exciting and creative Incumbency strategy which sees the delivery of impactful campaigns and events across Stockton South
•Community Outreach and events
•Organise and lead on local issue-based campaigns
•Filming and photography as well as the production of videos and graphics
•Help with the production of newsletters, and direct mail
•Local issue-based casework generated from campaigns
•Accompanying the MP on visits
•Contributing as and when required to the drafting of press releases and e-bulletins, and the maintenance of the MP’s website and social media pages
Candidates are not required to have previous experience, however, should possess the following:
• Very good verbal and written English and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Experienced in managing social media and content production (training on latter can be provided) and communications (PR etc) experience
• Ideally experienced in running incumbency campaigns
• An ability to deal with enquiries in a personable manner and to work well within a small team of colleagues – a team player
• Able to manage and prioritise own workload and use their own initiative
• Ability to manage projects
• Ability to manage a large and varied workload under pressure
• Sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative and Unionist Party
• Hold a Full UK Driving License
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 September 2020
Interviews to be held in ASAP. Please ensure that you submitt your application at the earliest opportunity.
Closing time: 10pm
All applicants should send their CV with a detailed cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by the closing date to Niall Innes by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to include any examples of campaigns/social media activities that you feel would benefit your application.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Niall by email or call 01642 030195.
8 Sep: Removed early as position filled