Date Added: 1 August 2020
: 16 August 2020
Job Title: Policy Coordinator (Financial Services, Tech and Industry)
Working For: DeHavilland
Our Corporate Team helps dozens of the largest companies in the world navigate the constantly changing policy landscape in the UK. Whether it’s Brexit, the economic recovery from Covid-19 or how regulation is changing across tech, this team looks at the biggest issues.
We are looking for a Policy Coordinator to support the team in being the eyes and ears for our clients of what is going on in Westminster and beyond. The team provides live information and intelligence to help clients understand how the world of politics and policy impacts them, and we provide tools to help them more effectively engage with political stakeholders.
We very much see the Coordinator role as an “apprenticeship” to becoming a Policy Executive and many of our current Execs have been Coordinators. We have a very clear career path in place for people from day one, and because we’re part of Ascential, the specialist global information company, we have great benefits as well as a fantastic office in Savoy Court.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Provide political intelligence and information to clients in daily/weekly reports
• Produce ad-hoc research for customers
• Support Executives with their everyday management of their accounts
• Provide live coverage of votes and debates in the Parliament
Your experience and knowledge:
• A strong knowledge of UK policies and the political process
• Completed degree in political science or similar. We would also seek applications from people without a degree but with around 2 years relevant experience in a political or public affairs role
• Around a years’ experience of working in a political/public affairs role for those with a degree
Your skills and attributes:
• Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to think quickly to provide insights in alerts and reports
• First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent
• A keen eye for quality and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Strong communicator and interpersonal skills
• A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
Closing Date: 16 August 2020
Interviews will be held in the last couple of weeks of August and we are doing them over Google Meet. We are looking for someone to start early September.
Please address your application to Jordan Sullivan and send your CV and a covering letter to Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject of the email needs to clearly state "Policy Coordinator Application".
What we offer
• 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Pension, private medical and dental insurance plans
• Life assurance; income protection and critical illness cover
• Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme