Date Added: 31 July 2020
: 30 August 2020
Job Title: Communications Officer (Welwyn Hatfield)
Working For: Grant Shapps MP
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
This role requires an enthusiastic individual to support the office of Grant Shapps MP in dealing with varied parliamentary and constituency work as required.
The applicant should be political and media savvy, highly motivated and expect to work to tight deadlines. They will ideally have experience in social media, communications, photography and video editing.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Managing and monitoring social media.
• Designing engaging visual and written content for the MP’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, including online graphics and video content
• Help highlight the important work of organisations such as charities in Welwyn Hatfield and beyond
• Writing and distributing press releases.
• Accompanying the MP to events and reporting where appropriate.
• Assisting the MP with other duties as required.
• Assist with surgeries, public meetings and other visits, and follow up as appropriate
• Assist with the work of other colleagues if and when required
Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the usual IT skills. Candidates should also have common sense, sound judgement, excellent organisational skills and be a strong team player.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 August 2020
We may appoint before the closing date should the ideal candidate be found. The successful candidate will start as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than a page to email@example.com