Date Added: 28 June 2020
: 17 July 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Darren Henry MP (Broxtrowe)
Length of Contract:
Darren Henry MP is seeking to recruit an experienced MP caseworker for his busy Stapleford constituency office. Hours to be discussed at interview, full or part-time for 6 months.
The successful applicant must have demonstrated experience of working in an MPs office. The person will be responsible for liaising with the public, in person and on the telephone, helping individuals on a range of subjects. The work is varied and will involve assisting the Member of Parliament with local incumbency correspondence and research as required.
You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, possess a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be unwavering under work pressure and be willing and able to work as part of a small but friendly team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Receptionist duties - taking phone calls and answering the office door to constituents;
2. Researching, drafting and sending out responses to constituents on multiple topics;
3. Working to support multiple aspects of a variety of local incumbency work, including research work and general day-to-day administration;
4. Keeping accurate records in our casework management system and monitoring case progress (being adept at managing your own work and time);
5. Organising appointments and visits;
6. Setting up and attending surgeries;
7. Getting to know and understand local issues, so that local knowledge is reflected in case handling and incumbency work;
8. General office administration and support, including the dispatching of correspondence (large mail-outs);
9. Assist with other tasks as required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 July 2020
Interviews will take place as soon as possible. The aim is to have the appointed candidate in post as soon as possible.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Darren Henry MP at email@example.com with ‘Job application’ in the subject line. Please advise if you are looking for full or part-time work.
Person Specifications are available on request via firstname.lastname@example.org