Date Added: 21 May 2020
: 5 June 2020
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Nusrat Ghani MP (Wealden)
Salary: in line with IPSA pay scales
Nusrat Ghani, Member of Parliament for Wealden, is looking to appoint a hard-working, enthusiastic and experienced Senior Parliamentary Assistant to work in her Westminster office.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Produce high quality written reports and briefing notes
- Maintain and utilise knowledge of relevant legislation, including impact on constituency
- Day to day running of the office in Parliament, including managing the MP's inbox and diary
- Prepare briefing notes for committees, parliamentary questions and articles
- Research local, regional and national issues to supoort the MP's work
- Respond to correspondence from constituents, the media, lobbyists and other groups
- Ensure the MP is full briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House
- Undertake supervisory responsibility as required
- Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed
- Research and monitor media coverage and social media and brief the MP on relevant issues
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues
- Lead on project work as required
Candidates should have the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Quick, sharp and accurate writing skills
- Excellent organisational and adminisrative skills
- Strong communication skills and experience of providing high quality briefings and articles
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload and use their own initiative
- Ability to manage projects
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Previous Parliamentary or relevant experience is essential
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 June 2020
Interviews will take place as soon as possible.
An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply via email sending a CV and a one-page covering letter setting out your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org