Date Added: 21 May 2020
: 24 June 2020
Job Title: Junior Consultant
Working For: Oxford Insights
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Are you looking for the satisfaction of public service work, with the excitement and variety of startup life?
Oxford Insights is a young consultancy helping governments harness the latest developments in technology and leadership. We are growing fast and looking to build our team. This is a great entry point for a career in public service or public policy.
What are we looking for?
You will be thoughtful, articulate, and looking for work with meaning. We are not expecting you to be the finished article but we are looking for a number of traits in our team.
- Public service ethos - What unites our team is a passion to make governments work better: to understand how policies are made and how they affect citizens or public services. We want you to share that passion.
- Integrity - We are looking for someone who will inspire (and deserve) the trust of those they deal with, be they clients or their team.
- Curiosity - There is always a new or better way of doing things. We are looking for people who want to explore the world around them and try new things.
- Clear communicator - Great teamwork and great client work follow on from excellent communication.
We believe that the best teams are built on diversity. As a result, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and levels of experience. Foreign languages (esp. Spanish) or some experience with data analysis are a plus, but absolutely not necessary!
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK.
What will you be doing?
As this is a startup environment, your role will be shaped by your interests and the company’s needs as it evolves. In the last year, we have worked for governments in the UK and internationally, International NGOs and International Development organisations.
As a consultant you would be expected to:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research for projects, including interviews, desk research, and data collection
- Draft proposals and reports
- Support client relationships
- Contribute to OI’s internal research agenda, including proposing research ideas and leading independent research
To find out more, visit our webiste at: https://www.oxfordinsights.com/careers
Closing Date: 24 June 2020
First interviews: 30th June - 1st July
Second interviews and written exercise: 6th - 8th July
Expected start date: 1st September (but this depends on the candidate)
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A recent example of something you have created. This could be a piece of writing, a data visualization, policy paper, or coding project - whatever you wish! (no more than 2 pages or equivalent)
- CV (no more than 1 page)
2. Input your responses to the application questions on this google form https://forms.gle/zU98W1tTUALtw38x5 and confirm that you have done so in your email.