This is a terrific opportunity to become part of a team working at the centre of UK business, politics and media at a uniquely challenging time for the economy.
Based either in Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester or Leeds, the Regional Press Officer will report to the Deputy Head of News as part of a close-knit press, editorial & social media team in a busy and exciting press office. This role would suit someone switching from journalism or looking for their second role in PR. They will be expected to provide support delivering the full spectrum of the CBI’s media activity, across all platforms, including digital channels. Due to the nature of the role, some unsociable hours may be necessary, within reason. And in time, there may be an opportunity to join the press office ‘out of hours’ rota.
Once social distancing measures unwind, some nationwide travel will be required – for example to head office in London, regional press trips, conferences and other CBI regional offices.
All travel would be undertaken in line with CBI workplace safety policies and government guidance responding to COVID-19. Working from home encouraged in the meantime.
• To increase the CBI’s regional media coverage by writing press releases, articles, statements, tweets and CBI materials for publication in regional media, on the CBI website and across social media.
• Working with policy teams to proactively seeking opportunities in regional and trade media for statements, articles and features, including for broadcasters.
• Handling day to day media enquiries, including arranging TV, radio and print interviews, and briefing regional journalists on CBI policies and related issues.
• Organising interviews, press conferences, photo calls, roundtables, including with member companies, including relevant briefing.
• Supporting the remainder of the media team in execution of key communication outputs and perhaps in time join the out of hours on call rota.
If you would like to apply for the Regional Press Officer role please visit this link -