Date Added: 19 May 2020
: 27 May 2020
Job Title: Bristol City & Campaign Organiser
Working For: Liberal Democrats
Purpose of Job
You will help support the development and delivery of a campaigning strategy for Bristol Liberal Democrats, signed off by the Campaign Team and Executive.
You will help to oversee the organisation of volunteers to deliver the campaign plan and help us win in the May 2021 metro mayor, Bristol mayor and local elections.
You will help coordinate the production of literature when required.
Key roles and responsibilities:
1. To support the development and delivery of a campaigning strategy for Bristol Liberal Democrats, signed off by the Campaign Team and Executive.
2. To coordinate and drive the identification, recruitment, training, development, motivation and retention of volunteers and training for trainers in a range of roles.
3. To oversee the organisation of volunteers to deliver the campaign plan.
4. To ensure the delivery of a programme of doorstep and telephone voter contact, to include leading doorstep and telephone voter contact sessions.
5. To aid with the delivery of a fundraising programme.
6. To facilitate and ensure the delivery of effective online campaigning using the full range of e-campaigning tools.
7. To coordinate the production of literature when required.
8. To assist councillors and campaigners with the production of proactive and reactive media comment and news releases.
9. To advise the line manager as appropriate, on organisational, communication and/or maintenance priorities which may benefit the smooth running of the campaign strategy.
10. To undertake such training as is recommended to develop and update required skills.
11. To maintain appropriate databases and other management information tools ensuring they are up to date, including logging and storing of stock item text, hero photographs and branded images.
12. To attend meetings as required across the city, often during the evening and at weekends.
13. To undertake such other duties as the line manager may require to further effective communication and campaigning in the constituency.
Closing Date: 27 May 2020
Interview on Friday 29th May with starting on 1st June.
For questions and further details, and to submit an application, please contact:
Please apply by email attaching:
- CV (including contact telephone numbers and email address);
- A Covering Letter; no more than 2 pages of A4 in length, indicating clearly how your experience and skills meet the criteria stated in the job and person specification. Please also write your name on top of your supporting statement.