Date Added: 18 May 2020
: 10 June 2020
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer- Risk
Working For: Overseas Development Institute
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Communications Officer to increase the impact of our research and policy engagement on risk through the design, coordination and delivery of strategic communications and public affairs activities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work with the GRR Director to develop and implement a strategic communications strategy for ODI’s work on risk
• Plan and coordinate public affairs activities to strengthen ODI’s engagement on risk at critical policy influencing moments (including international events)
• Project and task-manage the delivery of key outputs and activities to agreed deadlines and budget parameters
• Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships on relevant themes to drive impact, coordinate common agendas and harness opportunities for policy influence
• Work with GRR and PAC colleagues on short-turnaround needs (such as updating the ODI website, media and blogs) and contribute effectively to PAC activities more widely
• Work with colleagues to deliver effective communications for the Climate Ambition Support Alliance (www.casaclimate.org) and support PAC activities more broadly
You’ll have Knowledge of research areas covered by the Global Risks & Resilience programme, including key debates, developments and policy processes and key actors. You’ll have significant experience in strategic communications – working creatively to inform/influence policy outcomes. You’ll be adept at convening, with proven experience managing activities and events. You’ll have excellent writing skills, including a demonstrable ability to summarise technical research in clear, compelling language. You are a natural self-starter – able to generate plans and ideas and carry them through to completion. And your excellent interpersonal skills enable you to work collegially with researchers and partners across different cultures and all levels of seniority.
For more information, please download an application pack https://www.odi.org/about/jobs
Closing Date: 10 June 2020
For more information, please download an application pack here https://www.odi.org/about/jobs