Date Added: 18 May 2020
: 8 June 2020
Job Title: Policy Officer
Working For: The Runnymede Trust
Salary: £25,000-£27,000 p.a.
The main responsibilities of this position are
- To raise awareness in parliament of racial equality issues and influence policy accordingly
- To raise awareness and increase the involvement of race equality organisations in policy and parliamentary debate
- To coordinate the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Race and Community
- To draft briefings based on Runnymede’s and ROTA’s ongoing work and priorities
- To organise and run events each year on behalf of the APPG, including drafting any briefings or reports on behalf of the group
- To organise any relevant community events
- To build and maintain relationships with parliamentarians, monitor parliamentary developments and make impactful interventions when appropriate
- To respond to government consultations and Select Committee submissions
- Ensure key ministers, politicians and senior civil servants are made aware of Runnymede and ROTA’s research findings where relevant for policy and legislation
- To build relationships with key community/voluntary sector organisations nationally to enable effective campaigning and scrutiny of parliament.
- Engaging with broadcast, print and social media
- Represent Runnymede and ROTA at meetings and conferences as requested by the Directors;
Closing Date: 8 June 2020
Interview Date: Monday 15th June 2020.
Please send a CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification to the Director of the Runnymede Trust at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Policy Officer Application’.
Due to the volume of applications only those shortlisted will be contacted.