Date Added: 18 May 2020
: 31 May 2020
Job Title: Public Affairs and Stakeholder Relations Officer
Working For: Solicitors Regulation Authority
Salary: £33,379 per annum for Birmingham based; £36,806 for London based
What’s in it for me
- Showcase your public affairs and stakeholder management skills, influencing key audiences
- Help deliver a programme of successful public affairs events targeting UK and Welsh policy makers
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholder groups
- Shape our engagement programme as we extend our outreach work
- Play a part in helping maintain and build public trust in high professional standards, while supporting increased access to legal services
- Develop your own network by representing the SRA at external events and conferences, including party political conferences
About the Public Affairs and Stakeholder Relations Officer role
The Public Affairs team is part of the wider External Affairs Directorate and is responsible for delivering a programme of proactive strategic engagement with key stakeholders.
This role focuses on improving awareness and understanding of our work among political stakeholders in the UK and Welsh Parliaments, but also includes developing and maintaining productive relationships with other stakeholders in the legal and consumer sectors.
With sound political knowledge you will provide timely, high-quality briefings for our Chair, Chief Executive and Senior Management Team, ahead of political engagements. You will also produce a concise round-up of political activity to share with internal stakeholders in our weekly bulletin.
Using your first-class drafting skills, you will produce presentations and speaking notes for senior colleagues, tailored to each audience and in keeping with corporate messaging. There will also be the opportunity to write engaging social media content and support wider external communications campaigns.
To find out what we are looking for, please visit the advert for this role on our Jobs Page:
Closing Date: 31 May 2020
Our deadline for applications is 23:55. Interviews are envisaged to take place on 12 and 15 June. In current circumstances, interviews and assessments are most likely to take place remotely via Skype. Our team will discuss arrangements in due course if you are to be shortlisted
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter. Please make sure that your CV and covering letter clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role; the essential criteria we are looking for are shown at the bottom of the advert on our Job Page - https://lawsociety.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-2/brand-4/user-4/xf-292d0fdf9e16/wid-1/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/3/opp/2750-Public-Affairs-and-Stakeholder-Relations-Officer/en-GB