With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
An integral aspect of our work involves representing the views of our members in public forums, shaping engineering policy and providing advice to the media, employers, government, academic bodies and other institutions. We are now looking for a Policy Officer to join us and support these activities.
As a Policy Officer, you will create high-quality policy-related content and help to inform opinion in the public engineering arena. You will join our policy team and, working with expert members, will have the freedom to initiate and lead policy projects from day one.
You will write accurate and engaging policy and technical content, as well as delivering campaigning policy positions to challenge the status quo and generate interest from the media and government.
To join us, you will need:
- Previous report and article writing experience
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- The ability to demonstrate some knowledge of, or enthusiasm for, policy
- An engineering or other STEM qualification
Other organisations may call this role Public Policy Officer, Policy Advisor, Policy Manager, Policy Content Creator, or Policy Consultant.
- 26 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
- Continuous training and career development
- A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
You will have the chance to help shape the future of our organisation, as well as the future of engineering as a whole, by promoting the interests of our members, providing guidance to influential bodies and campaigning for positive change.
We also offer the ideal environment in which to achieve your goals, including excellent training and development opportunities and a superb range of benefits to support your wellbeing.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
23/03/20- REMOVED- This job has been removed at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.