Date Added: 17 March 2020
: 24 March 2020
Job Title: Lead Researcher (Qualitative Specialist)
Working For: Scope
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 per year
As a Lead Researcher, you will be at the centre of Scope’s major research project Our Lives Our Journey (OLOJ), a ground-breaking qualitative longitudinal study which involves qualitative in-depth interviews with 80 people over five years. The findings from this project will support the development of our policy, campaigns and services helping to ensure Scope is an evidence-led organisation, improving our offering to disabled people and their families, whilst delivering social change. The project is currently in its second wave, and interviews are ongoing.
Furthermore, this role will also include supporting research more widely across a broad range of projects conducted by the research team at Scope – from Scope’s Big hack project addressing inclusive design to our ground-breaking Price Tag analysis unpicking the financial impact of the extra cost of disability. This role is an ideal point for anyone wishing to progress their research career within a sector-leading charity and will provide exposure and development opportunities across a range of areas.
The ideal candidate will have experience of conducting qualitative interviews, coding and analysis (utilising coding software, such as NVivo or Dedoose) report writing, and publishing/dissemination. You will be responsible for at least one (of four) cohorts within the OLOJ project, taking ownership of everything from data collection to presenting findings to internal and external stakeholders. The role, whilst supported by a small team of four, requires you to work with a high degree of pro-activity and independence.
- Conduct qualitative research methods (such as in-depth, semi-structured interviews and focus groups)
- Deliver robust qualitative analysis of research data (such as, c. 40 transcripts from Scope’s Our lives, our journey study)
- Write findings in an engaging and understandable report (an example entitled ‘Starting a new job’ available on Scope website)
- Clearly disseminate findings to internal colleagues and teams
- Launch and publish report to maximise the study’s reach and use
Closing Date: 24 March 2020
Applications with CV and covering letter to email@example.com