Date Added: 24 February 2020
: 3 April 2020
Job Title: Communications and Press Officer +REMOVED+
Working For: a client of Global Office Consulting
The Communications and Press Officer will work specifically for a client of Global Office - a Foundation based in West Africa specialising in community-based health interventions for women, children, and families.
You will write, edit and coordinate content for the client’s internal and external publications. You will be expected to manage social media accounts, produce both web and print based communications, draft press releases, and build long-term relationships with a diverse spectrum of media channels and partners.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference working in a growing and ambitious organisation with an established track record of improving access to healthcare within West Africa.
• Management of the social media channels to include relevant programmatic, technical, and advocacy-related content.
• Produce and develop key communications materials including press releases and press briefings.
• Write speeches, briefs, and reports for the Founder-President and Chief Executive on relevant policy areas.
• Develop or modify guidance, resources, tools, and materials that can be used across the organisation.
• Maintain close and effective relationships with a network of press, key external contacts, and staff.
• Develop and draft newsletters, annual reports, and other publications.
• Co-ordinate and organise events and meetings attended by the Founder-President and colleagues.
• Research events which members of the Senior Management Team are due to attend in order to create a thorough briefing pack.
Required knowledge and skills
• Excellent command of written English with the ability to tailor writing to different audiences and according to different media (print, web, social).
• Demonstrable proficiency with social media channels (Instagram, twitter, Facebook) and Microsoft Office.
• A strong interest in International Development, Health, African Studies, and Women’s Empowerment.
• Team player - ability to work with internal and external colleagues collaboratively and in a team-oriented way.
• Ability to remain calm and composed when under pressure and ability to meet all deadlines set.
• Ability to take photographs for use with press articles.
Closing Date: 3 April 2020
First round telephone interviews will take place upon receipt of suitable application. If you are successful, you will undertake a written assignment, followed by an in-person interview. Successful applicants will go through a reference check and interview by the Founder-President.
Please email a CV and one-page covering letter outlining what it is about this role that appeals to you to email@example.com. Please be advised to apply at your earliest convenience as the position will be filled on rolling basis.
REMOVED - 13/03/2020- This role has now been filled.