Date Added: 15 February 2020
: 13 March 2020
Job Title: Projects Assistant Intern
Working For: JAN Trust - women's NGO
Salary: £10.55 per hour, 3 days a week
We are looking for a bright, adaptable, ambitious and conscientious graduate to join our small team.
JAN Trust is looking for a 6-month part-time intern to support with the coordination of JAN Trust’s projects, services and activities.
This is a broad role and would suit an all-rounder.
This is a creative role that demands initiative and being proactive.
- Provide support on various projects including things like overseeing design and production of materials, updating websites etc.
- Stakeholder management - working with a variety of stakeholders including schools
- To assist with talks/presentations and lead discussions on issues such as extremism, hate crime and FGM
- Outreach work
- Developing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences
- Assist with admin including centre admin
- Managing social media and increasing our on line presence through blogs, online articles etc (writing and uploading these)
- Creation of marketing materials including infographics and videos
- Liaising face to face with users and assisting them with any issues they may have
- Researching issues such as countering extremism; Islamophobia; hate crime; VAWG
- Assist with projects/services on these issues.
- Organising and attending events including liaising with the community, users, politicians, governmental representatives and local authorities
- Assist in fundraising
- Involvement with press including press releases
- Writing articles
This is a role for someone who feels and cares for marginalised women in the UK and who is looking to develop their future in the not for profit sector. This is a challenging internship and is best suited to someone willing to take on a challenge.
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (3 days)
Closing Date: 13 March 2020
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis and the role may be filled before the deadline and hence early application is encouraged.
To apply for the role, please send your current CV to email@example.com with th subject heading PAintern-W4MP-Feb2020
You will also need to send a covering letter clearly stating:
1. What experiences (if any) you have of the above
2. What you can bring to the role
3. Why you should be considered