Date Added: 15 February 2020
: 8 March 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Coordinator
Working For: All-Party Parliamentary Group for Future Generations
Salary: £29,000 – £37,000
*** FULL DETAILS ARE ON OUR WEBSITE AT http://appgfuturegenerations.com/jobs ***
Come work in Parliament to bring together some of the smartest minds and most influential individuals to address one of the key challenges of our times: shaping a political system that can look forward and deal with the risks and possibilities of rapid environmental and technological change.
ABOUT THE APPG
The All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Future Generations creates a space in Parliament for cross-party dialogue on combating short-termism, raises long-term policy issues – including those that pose an existential risk to humanity – and advocates for ways to internalise concern for future generations into today’s policy making.
THE APPG'S CURRENT FOUCS
• Working with the APPG’s Co-Chair, Lord Bird, and his office on the #todayfortomorrow campaign and on his Wellbeing of Future Generations Bill.
• Working with the APPG’s Chair, Bambos Charalambous MP, to run an inquiry into long-termism in policy making.
• Maintaining a focus on technology and risk.
Coordinating the APPG for Future Generations involves:
• Strategy and direction setting.
• Coordinating Parliamentary events.
• Communications and outreach.
• Policy influencing.
• Policy research.
Our ideal candidate would have:
• A strong commitment to the future of humanity.
• Experience in parliamentary work, or policy work or lobbying, or a similar field.
• The self-direction and drive to take on and run a complex start-up project.
• The ability to influence others.
• An understanding of policy.
Closing Date: 8 March 2020
Interviews to take place from Monday 16 March.
Candidates to start ASAP, depending on their availability.
To apply email email@example.com including:
• Your CV
• Answers to these questions:
- What is one Government policy you would focus on changing and why? (250 words)
- How would you drive forward change to that policy? Make reference to your personal skill set. (150 words)
- How familiar are you with existential risk research / CSER / effective altruism / etc? (50 words)
- Why do you want the job and how do your skills and experience match the job description? (500 words)
*** FULL DETAILS AT http://appgfuturegenerations.com/jobs ***