Date Added: 13 February 2020
: 19 February 2020
Job Title: Caseworker and Constituency Support Officer x2 (full time)
Working For: Sarah Dines MP (Derbyshire Dales)
Location: Derbyshire Dales
Sarah Dines MP is seeking to recruit two Casework and Constituency Support Officers to work in her busy constituency office. Both roles will have the working title of ‘Caseworker and Constituency Support Officer.’
The successful applicants will help individuals with issues as they approach the Member for assistance, and work on a variety of local campaigns, correspondence and research as required. Both roles will be varied. You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able to work extremely well and ‘muck-in’ as part of a small but friendly team, and be able to confidently work under pressure.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Researching, drafting and sending out responses to constituents on multiple topics;
• Working to support multiple aspects of a variety of local campaigns and incumbency work, including research work and general day-to-day admin;
• Taking phone calls and answering the office door to constituents;
• Getting to know and understand local issues, so that local knowledge is reflected in case handling and incumbency/campaign work;
• Keeping accurate records in our casework management system and monitoring case progress (being adept at managing your own work and time);
• Organising and attending surgeries;
• General office administration and support, including the dispatching of correspondence (large mail-outs);
• Assist with other tasks as required.
The following skills/characteristics are essential:
• Organisational, case management and time management skills;
• An appreciation of the importance of attention to detail and a thorough approach to completing all tasks;
• Excellent communication and writing skills;
• Friendly, approachable and ability to work as part of a team;
• Ability to manage a busy workload and balance competing priorities effectively;
• An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion in your work.
Training will be given to all new joiners.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 February 2020
Interviews will take place as soon as possible. The aim is to have the appointed candidate in post as soon as possible. An appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Sarah Dines MP at email@example.com with ‘Job application’ in the subject line.