Date Added: 13 February 2020
: 1 March 2020
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Luther Pendragon
Salary: £1,350 per month
Luther Pendragon is one of the UK’s leading independent communications consultancies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest and best known corporations, major trade associations, public sector organisations, NGOs and government bodies in the UK and across the globe. We are looking for someone who is looking to gain experience working across all industry sectors.
Our team manages communications, public affairs, media relations, crisis and stakeholder engagement for a wide range of organisations. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, will demonstrate a passion for the worlds of media and politics and an enthusiasm to learn.
Further skills and attributes:
- An undergraduate degree – preferably 2.1 or above
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A meticulous approach to writing and producing documents
- An understanding of the media industry and a good knowledge of different media channels and outlets
- A strong grasp of how the UK political system works and an understanding of the current policy landscape
- A good knowledge of the business world
- An ability to work competently as an individual and as part of a team.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of our clients, and will gain experience across all the main areas of agency work. This is likely to include monitoring, drafting letters, policy briefings and reports, and liaising with politicians’ offices. It will also involve drafting press releases, compiling media lists and contacting journalists. The selected candidate will also be required to assist with event management, such as press conferences and receptions in Parliament.
Closing Date: 1 March 2020
Interviews will begin w/c 1st March. The start date for the three month internship is 16th March.
Please email your CV and brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line 'Internship application'.