Date Added: 13 February 2020
: 21 February 2020
Job Title: Communications Officer - 3 month F/T contract
Working For: Munira Wilson MP and Twickenham & Richmond Liberal Democrats
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Munira Wilson, MP for Twickenham, is looking to establish her external and internal communication channels, as well as build her press profile.
Twickenham & Richmond local party also needs to re-develop and refresh content on its website, ensuring it is integrated with ongoing campaigning.
1. Building a new website for Munira and linking to the local party website
2. Refreshing local party website, linking up with local Lib Dem representatives' digital communication channels
3. Establishing Munira’s regular digital communications in order to engage all members, supporters, and constituents
4. Establishing “Munira branding” across all channels and creating key collateral
5. Training up activists/staff members to build volunteer capacity for digital communication in local party and staff in MP’s office
6. Supporting management of local party’s electoral and membership data in accordance with GDPR
7. Working closely with local party executive and councillors to ensure key objectives are met
8. Building and prioritising a target list of journalists and publications for Munira and supporting introductory meetings
Essential skills and traits
• Effective communication and networking skills
• Experience of website management, preferably Nationbuilder
• Experience of using social media channels to motivate and engage members, supporters and voters
• Ability to write clearly and accurately for a range of audiences
• A warm, welcoming, and open personality that can engage, energise, motivate and work with volunteers and staff
• Can work alone with minimum supervision, and an ability to self-motivate
• Strong organisational skills that includes the ability to project manage and prioritise a specific communication project for the MP and local party and keep stakeholders up to date
• Be aware of, understand, and appreciate values and objectives derived from the national Liberal Democrats
Desirable skills and traits
• Digital design and publishing both online and printed content
• Microsoft Office applications with specific skills in mail merge and Excel
• Experience of engaging with journalists
• Campaigning experience through either being involved in an election campaign or through single issue campaigning
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 February 2020
Interview date: 27th February 2020
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing time for applications is 10am.
CVs and covering letter to be sent to email@example.com. Any queries, please use the email address provided.