We are recruiting for an engaged and committed individual to join us as Head of Research, Policy and Campaigning. Over the past three years we’ve achieved so much to help alleviate the financial impact of cancer and get children, young people and their families’ voices heard by decision makers – but want to be better, faster and stronger.
Responsible for developing evidence based policy positions and campaign asks to communicate to decision makers, you will play a key role in driving long term change for children and young people with cancer and their families.
You will be instrumental in the design and delivery of plans and activities that will create policy change across the UK, in line with CLIC Sargent’s strategic aims.
As Head of Research, Policy and Campaigning you will be joining a team that will work with UK Government, devolved Parliaments and Assemblies, the NHS, companies and regulators. We build the evidence base we need to run effective campaigns, such as #CancerCosts, and we want you to help expand our reach, impact and influence.
About the role
• Work alongside the Associate Director of Policy, Influencing and Voice to contribute to organisational strategy and strategic impact measurements.
• Implement policy change across the UK for children and young people with cancer and their families.
• Deliver effective project management of research, policy and campaign activities.
• Involve young people in our Making Change Happen work.
• Management experience, ideally in research, policy, campaigning, influencing, the health sector or equivalent.
• Evidence of continued professional development and awareness of best practice and legislation as it affects research, policy and campaigning.
• A respected project and change expert.
To learn more about CLIC Sargent, please visit the 'what we do' page on our website. Find out about the great benefits we offer by searching ‘our benefits’ at clicsargent.org.uk
We’re taking our policy, influencing and voice work to the next level. Will you join our fight?
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, to join us and help improve the lives of children and young people with cancer and their families. We particularly want to encourage people from under-represented groups to step forward and apply.