Date Added: 12 February 2020
: 24 February 2020
Job Title: Programme Manager
Working For: Education Endowment Foundation
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000, plus benefits
Contract: Full time, fixed term for 18 months with possible extension
Its importance to the EEF:
Programme Managers are at the heart of the EEF’s work. They are responsible for leading and managing a wide range of activity under a number (typically 2-3) of the EEF’s school themes and priority areas, from setting up and managing initial trials of projects, through to supporting the growth of the most promising interventions and project managing the production of guidance reports and scale-up work.
Your main responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a pipeline of strong grants
- Work closely with colleagues and external teams to design projects and evaluations
- Manage relationships with funded organisations and support them throughout the project
- Work with co-funders to design and manage funding rounds
Guidance and Reporting
- Work with colleagues to ensure evaluation reports are accurate and accessible
- Commission literature reviews to inform our work
- Work with experts to produce practical and actionable practitioner-facing guidance reports
Leading on EEF school themes
The above areas of work are arranged around themes and you will lead on one or more themes. This may include: Meta-cognition, Staff Development (including approaches to Continuing Professional Development), Organising Your School, or Post-16.
To apply for this position you must be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to analyse a project’s prospects of success and anticipate any problems it might face, taking into account the wider research and the context it will be operating in
- An ability to analyse and interpret education research
- An ability to contribute to the design of robust evaluation
- Strong relationship management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
You can access the full job description here:
Diversity and inclusion:
The EEF is committed to creating a diverse environment and ensuring that all qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment. We are committed to fair and inclusive recruitment practices and are open to job shares, secondments, part-time, and flexible working schedules.
Closing Date: 24 February 2020
Applications close: 17:00 on the closing date
First round interviews for short-listed candidates: w/c 9 March 2020
We hope you’ll consider applying for this role. To do so, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Programme Manager. Your letter should be no more than 700 words and should outline (1) your particular interest in this position at the EEF, and (2) how you think you match what we’re looking for, drawing on specific examples.