Date Added: 14 January 2020
: 7 February 2020
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Tom Hunt MP (Ipswich)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales
Tom Hunt MP is looking to appoint a senior caseworker to support his work in Ipswich and Westminster
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and liaise directly with members of the public, local and government organisations.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Tom is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends and prepare briefings as required
• Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
• Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Develop knowledge in specialist areas, such as the Home Office and the Child Maintenance Service
• Take initial action on queries from members of the public, including responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate.
• Ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress, and ensure all identified actions are taken and that records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases and manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
• Manage projects
• Support incumbency work
• Clear and concise writing style and strong oral communication skills.
• Ability to manage a high and varied workload
• Demonstrable initiative on key issues
• Confident to speak with key senior local stakeholders
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 February 2020
Those chosen for interview will be interviewed during the week commencing 10th February and the successful candidate will be asked to start as soon as possible. References will be required. Please note that the job may be filled prior to the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.
A one page CV and covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
21/01/2020 - Location changed.