Date Added: 14 January 2020
: 24 January 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Daniel Kawczynski MP (Shrewsbury and Atcham)
Salary: IPSA Pay Bands
Daniel Kawczynski MP is looking for a full time Parliamentary Assistant for his office in London. Previous experience is necessary.
The applicant should be organised, self-motivated and able to handle a potentially large work-load efficiently and effectively. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential, and a knowledge of IT.
Duties will be focused on:
• Assisting the MP in his daily duties
• Diary management
• Developing and maintaining a current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation and debates that relate to the constituency.
• Responding to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents
• Undertaking research in order to assist the MP with Parliamentary Questions, Letter writing and newspaper articles
• Responding to mass campaigns
• Providing general admin support
• Liaising with the constituency office on local campaigns and projects
• Oversee constituents visits to Parliament
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2020
Interviews will commence on the week of the 27th of January.
Start date 17th of February.
Please supply a one page cover letter along with your CV to email@example.com