Date Added: 14 January 2020
: 2 February 2020
Job Title: External Affairs Manager
Working For: Department for International Trade
Salary: £31,180 - £34,860
DIT is offering the right candidate the chance to make their mark and help continue to build the best External Affairs function in Government.
You will support the Senior External Affairs Managers and lead projects to:
• Map, track and report on the stakeholder landscape (external and cross-government) and the expressed views of important and influential organisations, so that these can be considered during planning and influence the communications approach.
• Support stakeholder engagement in the policy development process, ensuring that stakeholder views are sought, captured and analysed, including through departmental consultation exercises.
• Work with press office and external relations colleagues to factor stakeholder engagement into media activity plans and work with stakeholders’ communications teams to develop content that will amplify campaign and policy objectives through their channels.
• Support our Parliamentary engagement programme and when appropriate, provide briefing to advise Ministers and senior officials’ on meetings and events and respond to commissions.
• Help plan and provide support for high profile stakeholder events when necessary.
• Working with colleagues in the team, develop and maintain an effective evaluation mechanism for engagement activity and prepare routine reports on engagement effectiveness in meeting the objectives of the department
• Act as a champion and raise awareness of the External Affairs function, contributing to the wider department’s understanding through close and positive working with colleagues across the department.
Personal Attributes & Skills
The successful candidate will have strong communications skills and experience of External or Public Affairs, alternatively you will have experience of stakeholder management in a policy or strategy role. You will be used to delivering projects, generating and implementing creative ideas, developing content and co-coordinating across teams.
You will have excellent oral and written communication skills. You will be motivated to work collaboratively and develop your skills and experience working with stakeholders, Private Offices and other teams across the Department, and in the Communications and Marketing Directorate.
Closing Date: 2 February 2020
Sift will take place week commencing 03/02/2020.
Interviews will take place week commencing 24/02/2020.
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV & Personal Statement.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
• Communication and Influencing
• Delivering at Pace
• Working Together
• Effective Decision Making
This vacancy is using Success Profiles and will assess your Behaviours and Experience at sift stages.
Click here for more information about applying for the role: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1662354