Date Added: 14 January 2020
: 14 February 2020
Job Title: Constituency Support Manager
Working For: Shaun Bailey MP (West Bromwich)
Location: Constituency Office
Salary: Executive Band 2- 23,938-36,635
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to and take the next step in their career, working in a busy constituency office and taking ownership of exciting projects and casework for a newly elected Member of Parliament.
The successful applicant will be part of a close knit and vibrant team and have the support and guidance of an experienced Head of Office.
• Analyse Evaluate and Interpret data to ensure the Member is accurate informed on key issues and trends both locally and nationally.
• Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
• Develop knowledge in specialist areas.
• Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and identified actions are taken.
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act
• Maintain a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
• Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters.
• Manage and progress a portfolio of case work
• Manage and lead on projects
• Manage the MP’s website contents
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with media and prepare press releases (on constituency, non-party political matters)
• Prepare media briefings
• Proactive and re-active communications with all media
• Provide briefings for the Member
• Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on social media
• Research local, regional or national issues to support the MP’s work
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
• Take initial action on queries from members of the public, including on responding on behalf of the MP as appropriate
*This is a non-exhaustive list and will vary depending on the applicants experience and interests.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
Interview Date: Interviews will be on a rolling basis
Start Date: ASAP
Send a CV & Covering Letter of no more than 250 words to:
Post: Shaun Bailey MP, House of Commons, SW1A 0AA
14/01/2020 - This advert has been marked as REMOVED at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.