Passenger numbers are growing rapidly across the route and are expected to increase by 30 per cent by 2023. Ongoing work to improve services and create more journey opportunities for passengers in our region include the East Coast Upgrade, Midland Main Line Upgrade and planning for the Trans Pennine Upgrade.
You will develop and deliver public affairs strategies that are consistent with the Eastern region communications strategy for the East Coast, North and East and East Midlands routes.
You will support the engagement strategy, including for MPs, Metro Mayors, Local Authorities and Business stakeholders, supporting our senior leadership team on the route in putting passengers and stakeholders first.
1. Devise, develop, implement and report on activities which support the delivery of the objectives contained in the Eastern communications strategy.
2. Develop and implement a programme of proactive engagement with Members of Parliaments - seeking to highlight the company’s plans, activities and strategies.
3. Manage designated public affairs activities, including meetings, receptions and tours within agreed financial budgets.
4. Identify activities and key messages that support Network Rail’s business objectives and key operational imperatives. Maintain an awareness of events and programmed company activities that may require planned public affairs activities.
5. Develop and implement public affairs activities which are fully co-ordinated and consistent with other communications strategies and activities.
6. Establish an effective network of internal and external contacts as appropriate to carry out the public affairs function.
7. Implement the major incident communications plan as required.
8. Line management of a Public Affairs Executive
Experience in public affairs / lobbying / local government
A proven understanding of relevant political processes and the parliamentary calendar
Very high standards of written and spoken communication
The experience and personal credibility to work effectively with senior managers
Strong influencing skills
Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way
Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of stakeholder contacts
Interviews will take place from w/c 3rd Feb.
Follow the below link and search for the role by entering reference IRC2164670 in to the Keyword Search