Date Added: 20 December 2019
: 26 January 2020
Job Title: Caseworker/Senior Caseworker
Working For: Laura Farris MP (Newbury)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Laura Farris, Member of Parliament for Newbury, is looking to appoint a Caseworker/Senior Caseworker to work in her constituency office.
The successful candidates will have strong written and oral communication skills, an ability to work as part of a team, excellent organizational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Whilst not essential, a keen interest in politics and local affairs is desirable, and candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents
- Attend surgeries and meetings as appropriate
- Publicise the Member's parliamentary duties on social media
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Manage constituency projects as required
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Research local, regional or national issues to support MPs' work
Closing Date: 26 January 2020
Interviews will begin in the New Year, with a view to candidates starting as soon as possible.
Suitable applicants may be appointed before the closing date, at which point this advert will be removed. Early applications are welcome.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining why you think you would be a suitable candidate to email@example.com
14/01/2020 - This advert has been marked as REMOVED at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.