Date Added: 2 December 2019
: 8 December 2019
Job Title: Political Executive
Working For: DeHavilland
We're looking for a Political Executive to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Content function.
DeHavilland’s Political Executives are part of the Content Team, who work together to provide our clients with well-informed, tailored and engaging content about UK and EU politics, as well as driving and maintaining high quality content.
This includes writing - ranging from longer-form policy analysis to debate summaries - video and social media, biographies and snappy video explainers of political process.
Our Political Executives collaborate closely with client-facing colleagues in our Service Team to develop and share policy expertise and an understanding of what matters to public affairs professionals.
- Summarising political events in the UK and EU parliaments
- Producing timely and engaging emails to all clients and responding to their enquiries
- Producing well written summaries of parliamentary business and committee sessions, in line with the house style
- Proof-reading and editing
- Maintaining and improving DeHavilland’s PeoplePoint database of political stakeholders
- Researching and producing analysis of UK and EU politics
- Maintaining data sets and transforming them into content
- Generating fresh content ideas to help drive marketing, service and sales activities
- Using analytics and client feedback to proactively drive customer engagement with content
- Speed, accuracy and attention to detail
- Drive to see the bigger picture and assess how to deliver greatest impact
- Demonstrable experience of writing high quality content for a defined audience
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritisation skills task, demonstrated by experience thriving in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills
- A commitment to teamwork
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Positive attitude and professional manner
- Familiarity with Microsoft (Word, Excel) and Google products
- A good general knowledge of and interest in UK and / or EU politics
- Qualified to degree level, preferably in a relevant subject
- A year of work experience in a political role
- Experience of using social media in a professional context
- Familiarity with Adobe products (eg. InDesign, Photoshop, Rush)
Closing Date: 8 December 2019
We are aiming to interview before breaking for Christmas, with a start date of Monday 6 January 2020.
Applicants can apply with a CV (max. two pages) and cover letter (max. one page) through our jobs portal: https://careers.ascential.com/jobs/political-executive