Date Added: 2 December 2019
: 6 January 2020
Job Title: Account Manager (Public Affairs)
Working For: Grayling
Salary: Highly competitive
Grayling is looking to recruit an Account Manager to work within our award-winning public affairs division on a number of flagship client accounts, including for some of the country’s most recognisable organisations (a full list of our clients can be found on the Public Affairs Board Register). Our client base covers a broad range of sectors including hospitality, transport, energy and technology. Grayling has a prestigious public affairs practice and was recently named Global and EMEA Consultancy of the Year at the SABRE Awards 2019.
The role will require excellent political knowledge and judgement, an understanding of parliamentary process and procedure, an eye for detail, excellent written English, good judgement and a proactive mind set. This will be an active client-facing role, so the successful candidate must also have a proven track record of advising senior executives, politicians or decision-makers in previous roles. Excellent communication and presentation skills are also essential.
Daily tasks will involve:
• Account management of top public affairs accounts
• Acting as a day to day point of contact for clients
• Supporting Grayling’s senior team to provide strategic political guidance to our clients
• Attending and contributing to client meetings
• Drafting political briefing notes and parliamentary correspondence
• Managing the organisation of client events and parliamentary receptions
• Managing and supporting Party Conference programmes
• Contributing to our departmental marketing strategy and set-piece Grayling events
• Playing an active role in pitching to secure new business opportunities
Candidates will ideally have previously worked in Parliament and/or have agency experience.
Closing Date: 6 January 2020
We may conduct interviews and appoint before the closing date for the right candidate, so we would encourage early applications.
Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter to Christine McKenna at email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please detail in your cover letter your interest in Public Affairs and why you would like to work at Grayling.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to inform candidates if they have not been shortlisted for interview.
12/12/2019 - Deadline extended from 20th Dec.