Date Added: 28 November 2019
: 10 December 2019
Job Title: Government & Policy Executive
Working For: NHBC
Salary: Competitive Salary Dependant Upon Experience
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Government & Policy Executive to join the team based in London. We are looking to appoint a talented policy and public affairs executive to help deliver an effective external affairs strategy. The position is a full-time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary dependent upon experience.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our colleagues are proud to be making a difference to improving the quality standards of new-build homes in the UK. Being an independent, non-profit distributing company with no shareholders means we can focus solely on our mission.
The successful candidate will:
- Supporting the implementation of the NHBC Corporate Affairs Strategy across the UK
- Develop pro-active activity to ensure NHBC is communicating with all relevant audiences
- Help develop relationships with NHBC’s target external audiences, political and industry
- Monitor policy developments across the UK and EU and communicate relevant development internally.
- Prepare policy/political research briefings for internal colleagues
- Support in the development of policy positions, including assisting with the drafting of consultation responses.
- Represent the organisation at appropriate networking events and meetings in Westminster, Brussels and the devolved nations.
- Help support delivery of NHBC events, including roundtables and party conferences events
- Assist in management of external stakeholder databases.
- Assist in compiling our unique quarterly statistics for external audiences.
With excellent political awareness and the ability to communicate complex information to senior colleagues and stakeholders, as our Government & Policy Executive you will play an important role in delivering NHBC’s busy external affairs programme.
This role is based in our London office and is supported by an attractive package of benefits including a travel loan scheme and opportunities to access training and development, as well as the chance to work in our highly respected corporate and external affairs team.
Closing Date: 10 December 2019
NHBC Recruitment Team: Recruitment@NHBC.co.uk
Apply online: https://nhbc-careers.co.uk/available-vacancies/NHBC5289/