Date Added: 28 November 2019
: 9 December 2019
Job Title: Political and Security Risk Analyst (Dubai)
Working For: Falanx Assynt
Salary: Approx. AED 210,000 pa
We are recruiting a Middle East and North Africa-focused political and security risk analyst to work in an established role embedded in the Dubai office of a major international financial services company.
The role will involve analysing security and political risk developments from a commercial and client-focused perspective, including assessing potential physical and reputational risks to the firms’ staff and operations in the MENA region.
The majority of work will focus on the Middle East and North Africa, with a focus on Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and the Gulf States.
*Demonstrable knowledge of geopolitical, political and security issues affecting business in the Middle East and North Africa, gained via both education and employment is a core requirement for this role*
• To be able to write clearly, simply, and compellingly on political and security issues to native-speaker standards of English.
• At least two years’ relevant work experience, ideally including time spent working and studying in the Middle East.
• Political and security awareness: to be able to identify important political and security issues and their likely consequences.
• A good sense of what is going to matter to commercial clients.
• To be able to speak engagingly to commercially focused personnel.
• Strong self-discipline and attention to detail.
• Flexibility and self-confidence. The ability to get up to speed quickly on a country of which you may have little or no experience and to speak knowledgeably and confidently on such matters in a client environment.
• Experience of security intelligence analysis in a corporate environment would be highly advantageous.
• Ability to manage and grow relations with key individuals both face to face, and remotely.
• A good degree, and ideally a relevant MA.
• Knowledge of a local language is useful but not necessary.
- Leave allowance – 25 days per year, plus public holidays
- Benefits including private health care and medical insurance
- One return flight per year to home country
Closing Date: 9 December 2019
We will begin holding interviews immediately, start date mid-February
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org