Date Added: 28 November 2019
: 11 December 2019
Job Title: Account Director
Working For: The Whitehouse Consultancy
Salary: £42,000 - £45,000
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to work in a talented team directing a range of UK public affairs and communications accounts, developing their management experience and taking a proactive role in identifying and securing new business.
We’re looking for someone with substantial experience in public affairs, corporate communications or external relations either in agency or in-house, or with equivalent experience in government or the media.
• Overall responsibility for maintaining client accounts, establishing a long-term strategic approach on accounts and leading on account delivery.
• Line management of members of the consulting team.
• Overseeing and ensuring a high quality of a wide range of written and visual material.
• Building trusted relationships with clients, parliamentarians, media and officials.
• Representing Whitehouse, and attending with clients, meetings with parliamentarians, officials, journalists and senior executives.
• Sharing responsibility for new business development and meeting growth targets, including development of new business strategies, taking the lead in pitches, identifying opportunities for potential clients and growing existing accounts.
• Overall responsibility for client retention and profitably within your team structure.
• Substantial experience in a public affairs or external communications role.
• A thorough and extensive knowledge of the political processes in the UK and Europe.
• A demonstrable ability to devise and carry out successful political campaigns for clients from the public, private and voluntary sectors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of decision makers along with senior corporate personnel.
• Experience of working with the mechanisms of government and Parliament to drive forward change.
• Experience of presenting reports and presentations both verbally and in writing.
• The ability to identify and drive forwards new business opportunities.
• Experience of line management, managing work streams, and the ability to prioritise own workload.
• Desirable: experience drafting media and social media strategies, pitching stories to the media, issues management and crisis communications.
Closing Date: 11 December 2019
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
Start date ASAP.
Please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com outlining why you would like this role and your relevant experience.