Date Added: 28 November 2019
: 12 December 2019
Job Title: Interim Senior Advocacy Manager
Working For: Index on Censorship
Index on Censorship is looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for advocacy to oversee campaigning and advocacy on global freedom of expression issues.
The Senior Advocacy Manager will work with the Chief Executive to oversee the implementation of current projects and campaigns, particularly two media freedom research projects and Free Speech is For Me.
The Senior Advocacy Manager will also maintain the organisation’s profile through attending meetings with government officials, other third sector advocacy groups and multinational organisations.
You will be part of a small, energetic team of free speech advocates, and will be as comfortable writing statements and reports or attending protests as talking to ministers of state or the media.
This role will be for a fixed three month period, with a January start (or sooner if possible). This is an office-based role but some flexible working will be considered.
For this role you require the right to work in the UK.
We will be holding interviews with strong candidates before the closing date, and may close to applications early, so please put in your application as soon as possible.
- Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Excellent project management and project development skills
- Ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Good knowledge of UK political institutions
- Excellent speaking, writing and communication skills in English
- Public speaking experience
- Strong networking, analytical and administrative skills
- Experience of working in a relevant advocacy role
- Staff management experience
- Proven experience of developing and implementing successful influencing strategies at governmental, multinational and multi-stakeholder level
- Experience of working in national or international coalitions
- Experience of working as part of a cross-organisational team to deliver on projects
- Project management and grant/project-writing experience
- Technical expertise, including digital security tools, knowledge of InDesign or similar
- Detailed understanding of global free expression issues, including digital rights
- Fluency in a European language other than English
Closing Date: 12 December 2019
Start Jan 2020 or earlier.
We may appoint before closing date.
email CV and 1 page cover letter to email@example.com