Date Added: 14 November 2019
: 6 December 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs & Policy Adviser +REMOVED+
Working For: The Association of Consumer Support Organisations (ACSO)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
The Association of Consumer Support Organisations (ACSO) is a membership and campaigns body established in January 2019 to represent consumers as claimants in the civil justice system and reputable companies who work on behalf of the consumer, including legal services providers, insurers, brokers, charities, MGAs and representative groups.
Having grown rapidly since its launch and now with a wide range of national organisations from this sector as members, ACSO is looking for a full-time public affairs and policy adviser who, reporting to the executive director, will help shape policies and campaigns and provide hands-on support to the directors managing the business, particularly with regard to key external stakeholder relations, including with the membership.
Primary tasks will include:
• Undertaking research on issues relevant to ACSO’s campaigns, including attending relevant external industry events and drafting briefings
• Drafting responses to consultations
• Engaging with politicians, policymakers, regulators and industry figures to represent the interests of ACSO members and those they support
• Working with third parties such as research companies and others to provide collateral for ACSO’s campaigns
• Participating in meetings with the team, members and other stakeholders
• Maintaining ACSO’s engagement with the membership, including supporting engagement with potential new members
• Assisting with social and other media relations, including monitoring and providing regular insights to the membership
• Events management.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Is a proven self-starter who takes the initiative, brings drive and ambition to the role and is able to multi-task
• Has excellent research skills and can distil and summarise complex topics into easy-to-understand formats for a variety of audiences
• Has grit, determination and a willingness to stretch themselves in order to learn and develop
• Has excellent organisational and computer/technology skills
• Has good communication skills, including excellent oral and written English, and is happy to communicate directly with senior people
• Ideally has direct experience working with government departments, regulators, politicians and other policymakers
• An interest in civil justice issues is desirable.
Closing Date: 6 December 2019
If you are interested in this role, please send an up-to-date CV and cover letter to email@example.com
REMOVED 16/11/2019 - This role has been filled. Please do not apply for this role.