Date Added: 7 November 2019
: 29 November 2019
Job Title: External Affairs Officer
Working For: A Client of Ellwood Atfield
The Health Foundation is an independent charity committed to bringing about better health and health care for people in the UK. Their aim is a healthier population, supported by high quality health care that can be equitably accessed. As the second largest endowed foundation in the UK focusing on health, they spend around £37 million a year on improving health and health care. From giving grants to those at the front line to carrying out research and policy analysis, the Foundation shines a light on how to make successful change happen.
Our client, The Health Foundation is looking to recruit an External Affairs Officer to join their public affairs team. The Health Foundation is a leading charity committed to bring about better health and health care for people in the United Kingdom. From giving grants to those at the front line to carrying out research and policy analysis, they shine a light on how to make successful change happen.
Reporting to the External Affairs Manager, the role of the External Affairs Officer will be to ensure the effective communication of the organisation’s work throughout their key stakeholder base including parliamentarians, ministers, senior civil servants and journalists.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the health and social care sector including ministers, parliamentarians, journalists and arm’s length bodies
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to successfully ensure the organisations key objectives are effectively communicated
- Support the External Affairs Manager to effectively track and record media coverage
- Monitor political intelligence across the United Kingdom and assess its impact on the health and social care sector
- Proactively identify opportunities where business aims can be sold into the media and parliamentarians to successfully raise the organisation’s profile.
- Support the wider External Affairs team to develop and deliver integrated communications plans for key business objectives.
Key skills and experience required
- A strong understanding of the UK political landscape and parliamentary procedure
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- An understanding of the health and social care sector is desirable
Closing Date: 29 November 2019
View the Full job description:
If you would like to apply for the position of External Affairs Officer, please apply quoting the reference number LH-1910-6905.