Date Added: 6 November 2019
: 29 November 2019
Job Title: Head of Government Affairs and Representation, NDI
Working For: Make UK
Why Make UK
Make UK’s NDI team (National Defence Industry) are now looking for a Head of Government Affairs and Representation to join them in the London office. You will lead the NDI’s external engagement with defence sector, with the aim of influencing government policy and public debate in the interests of promoting the sector and supporting NDI’s member companies. The role will involve liaising with senior officials in relevant government departments, members and supply chain firms, think-tanks and academia. The role would suit someone currently working in the Civil Service with experience in Government Affairs and representation and maybe working for someone senior in external affairs and government relations. We would also consider an ex(retired) Military Officer (army preferably). The potential candidate would have needed to have done a desk job at the MoD (Ministry of Defence) main, or DES (Defence Equipment and Support) based at Abbey Wood in Bristol.
To achieve in this role, you are likely to have….
• Excellent working knowledge of key policy areas relevant to the defence and security sector.
• High-level awareness and understanding of UK parliamentary processes and procedures based on solid experience working in the UK Parliament or at a similar level elsewhere.
• An excellent understanding of current affairs and demonstrable knowledge of political issues relating to business.
• Understanding of the MoD and its associated agencies.
• You should possess strong management skills to be able to manage inter-disciplinary teams in a fast-moving and pressurised environment.
• Well-developed influencing and engagement skills together with strong team working ethics.
• An ability to challenge the status quo and hold an argument, while navigating complexity.
• Accountable through the Director General, NDI to the Executive Board, providing accurate and timely data and reports on progress against objectives.
• Full UK driving licence and own vehicle, able to travel occasionally to other offices/locations (with a mileage allowance).
Closing Date: 29 November 2019
If this could be the next step in your career, please apply today with CV to email@example.com
All applications will be considered, and we will aim to respond to you within 3 working days of receiving your application.