Date Added: 23 October 2019
: 15 November 2019
Job Title: Constituency Assistant/Caseworker - REMOVED
Working For: Kemi Badenoch MP (Saffron Walden)
Location: Saffron Walden and Westminster
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Kemi Badenoch MP is looking to appoint a constituency assistant/caseworker, based primarily in her constituency office in Saffron Walden and occasionally in Westminister
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Dealing with queries from members of the public by telephone and email.
• Progress and draft casework as required.
• Attend constituency meetings and surgeries as appropriate and represent MP when necessary.
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• Assist the MP with other duties as required.
• Monitor local groups and media/social media
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong customer service mindset.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to organise.
• A good team player.
The following skills are required:
• A good understanding of the British political system and local government.
• A good grasp of current affairs.
• An understanding of constituency issues.
• A strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. A January start date is strongly preferred. We may appoint before the deadline for applications if the right candidates are identified.
All applicants should send their CV with a covering letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
06/11/2019 - Due to the dissolution of parliament this advert has been removed. Please do not apply for this role.