Date Added: 23 October 2019
: 11 November 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant - REMOVED
Working For: Mark Garnier MP (Wyre Forest)
Salary: Within IPSA payscale
Responsibilities to include:
• Conducting research on Parliamentary business, policy issues and providing briefing notes
• Correspondence with constituents in relation to government policies
• Providing schedule for daily meetings with relevant brief
• Liaise on behalf of the Member with internal offices within Westminster
• Maintenance of website
• Provide general administrative support
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Producing press releases for various forms of media
Skills and experience to include:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be self motivated and be able to work independently, within a small team
• Be well organised, work to deadlines and be able to prioritise workload
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
• Previous experience in Westminster preferred but not essential
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 November 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible after closing date.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note that due to high volume of emails due to Parliamentary work it will not be possible to acknowledge all applicants.
05/11/2019 - Due to the dissolution of parliament this advert has been removed. Please do not apply for this role.