Date Added: 21 October 2019
: 18 December 2019
Job Title: Employed Intern + REMOVED
Working For: Andrew Bowie MP (West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Andrew Bowie, Member of Parliament for West Aberdeenshire & Kincardine, is looking to recruit a Westminster-based intern on a part time basis.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent writing skills and telephone manner;
• Strong organisational and research skills with good attention to detail;
• A positive attitude and willingness to take on a variety of tasks;
• A strong team player but with an ability to use initiative and work independently.
• A sense of humour, or at least the ability to pretend that a joke was funny.
• Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member;
• Deal with daily enquiries from members of the public by telephone or in person, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or issues;
• Manage some casework, ensuring all cases are logged and updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries are followed up, with urgent and complex cases reported to the Member;
• Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner;
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports;
• Ensure records of contact with constituents are kept with details of each case by adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times;
• Undertake general administrative tasks;
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts;
• Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 December 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. We may appoint before the deadline for applications if the right candidate is identified.
All applicants should send their CV with a short letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by email to: SamuelA.Betz@parliament.uk
05/11/2019 - This advert has been removed due to the dissolution of parliament. Please do not apply for this role.