Date Added: 15 October 2019
: 30 November 2019
Job Title: Politics - Intern - REMOVED
Working For: Smarkets
Salary: London Living Wage
At Smarkets, our mission is to make political prediction markets the leading source of information for journalists and traders on current affairs.
Through the mechanism of buying and selling contracts on a political event market, we are bringing the ‘Wisdom of the Crowd’ to the political arena and act as an antidote to fake news, bias and echo chambers.
We are the best in the world at providing political prediction markets and are unmatched in the scope, ambition and depth of our political markets. As a result of our recent success in this area we are now looking for people with similar passion, dedication and hard work to join our team at a very exciting stage of growth.
You’ll be researching key areas of interest in US and world politics, creatively exploring how to create interesting markets to traders and journalists and get to understand pricing models. You will also have the freedom to take a fresh approach to our markets and potentially, have a major impact on the way we drive things moving forward.
What you will be doing:
- Provide research on the USA 2020 election markets
- Use your insights and expertise to help develop markets on other countries politics.
- Identify markets that will gain trader’s and press interest
- Learn and provide data analysis around the pricing of markets
You should apply if:
- You have a good understanding of political processes (elections in different states of the US, caucasus, presidential, upper and lower house elections).
- You have an open mind as you will have to work with those who will have differing political opinions.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have some understanding of trading and financial markets.
- An interest in political journalism/writing.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.
Closing Date: 30 November 2019
- Screening call
- Homework assignment
- Onsite interview
Please send over a copy of your CV and cover letter (if you wish) to the link below and it will be reviewed by the team.
17th October 2019 - This advert has been removed at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.