Date Added: 14 October 2019
: 27 October 2019
Job Title: Government Relations Officer
Working For: Transport for London
Overview of project/role
The job holder provides effective support as specified and required to the Assembly Relations Lead on implementing the public affairs strategy to build relationships with the London Assembly, Mayor’s Office, GLA, Parliament, MPs, peers and other relevant stakeholders.
The job holder will also monitor the implementation and effectiveness of different engagement activities including the preparation of drafts and monitoring of correspondence with political authorities.
This role will be predominantly focussed on TfL’s relationship with the London Assembly.
- Providing effective support as specified and required to the relevant senior manager on implementing the public affairs strategy to build relationships with the Mayor’s Office, GLA, the London Assembly, Parliament, MPs, peers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Effective implementation of assigned aspects of Public Affairs engagement activity to ensure the successful execution and achievement of TfL business initiatives.
- Being an effective single point of contact London Assembly members, as appropriate, and work to identify issues of concern to these stakeholder audiences, escalate as necessary and contribute to efficient closure and resolution.
- Providing effective high-quality draft responses to correspondence, Mayor’s Questions, briefing notes and other written work including submissions to committees as required.
- Providing successful support to manage scrutiny the London Assembly, including Mayor’s Questions, as appropriate, and effectively manage systems to log, track and ensure quality and timely responses to correspondence from MPs, Assembly Members and sent to the Mayor/Deputy Mayor and others as appropriate.
- Providing high-quality support to senior managers and other colleagues within the Government Relations team to help achieve departmental objectives.
- Demonstrating and enabling the establishment of collaborative relationships across Corporate & Public Affairs Department, Customer Communications & Technology directorate and wider TfL to ensure effective achievement of TfL and Mayoral goals.
Closing Date: 27 October 2019
Interviews 1 week after the advert closes.