Date Added: 14 October 2019
: 28 October 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Bupa
We have exciting plans at Bupa. Be part of them. We have fabulous roles right across our business, globally and in the UK. Our Public Affairs team’s passion and expertise helps us deliver our purpose – to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll lead the delivery of our UK public affairs activity and stakeholder engagement plans for our aged care business, Bupa Care Services, with the purpose of enhancing Bupa’s reputation and helping to grow our relationships with political audiences. You’ll also provide public affairs support across the wider business - insurance, care, dental and health services.
- Working closely with the Care Services executive team across the corporate affairs team, delivering a comprehensive programme of constituency engagement with MPs across our UK footprint of 120 care homes and 8 care villages
- High quality political and policy monitoring and analysis, sourcing, collating and analysing information from the media, external events, Parliament and monitoring agencies etc.
- Supporting the wider team with general election planning, set piece events such as budgets and the party conferences.
- Producing high quality written materials including submissions to Parliamentary and government consultations and briefings, speeches and presentations
- Supporting engagement with trade bodies and other 3rd party groups to help strengthen our corporate reputation.
- Confident, creative, flexible, calm - with a passion for and solid experience of public affairs
- Strong grasp of public policy and understanding of how Parliament and government operates
- Experience of delivering effective stakeholder engagement programmes
- A superb written and verbal communicator who reaches and engages with diverse audiences and stakeholders, who has the ability to interpret and communicate complex information
- Super-organised, with a deadline-driven mindset
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Closing Date: 28 October 2019
Target interview date - w/c 28 October and 4 November
Target start date - 1 December 2019
Candidates can contact the recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link