Date Added: 11 October 2019
: 24 October 2019
Job Title: Temporary Research Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon Sir Greg Knight MP (East Yorkshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Conservative MP, the Rt Hon Sir Greg Knight MP is looking for an experienced temporary part-time research assistant to work in his Westminster Office whilst a member of staff is away. The period of employment will be from 6th – 25th November 2019. The preferred days of work are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Possession of a parliamentary pass is essential and the role would therefore suit someone already working in Parliament.
The main responsibilities include:
- Drafting press releases and articles
- Drafting parliamentary questions
- Drafting briefings and research to prepare the MP for speeches, meetings, etc.
- Managing media enquiries
- Undertaking administrative tasks in the Westminster office
- Updating website as required
- Responding to enquiries from constituents where appropriate and ensuring that all casework is managed in a sensitive and confidential manner
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good organisational and research skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience of working for a Conservative Member of Parliament
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Have the ability to work well unsupervised
- Good IT skills
- Experience of Caseworker database system
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 October 2019
Interview dates: w/c 28th October 2019
Start date: 6th November 2019
Please send CV of no more than 2 pages and a covering email to: Mrs Teresa Sothcott, Office Manager: email@example.com
14th October 2019 - The Job Title has been updated.