Date Added: 11 October 2019
: 8 November 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Working For: Graham Simpson MSP (Central Scotland)
Graham Simpson MSP is looking for a dynamic individual to join his team. The role will be based in the Scottish Parliament for a fixed term until March 2021 to cover maternity leave.
- Self starter with ability to manage own workload.
- Previous experience in an administrative role is a must.
- Knowledge of Scottish and British politics would be an advantage.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the MSP’s Parliamentary work, including communications via e-mail, letter and phone, maintaining and managing diary and providing support for meetings.
- Drafting letters and other documents as required.
- Assisting in preparing for visits, events, questions and motions.
- Maintain an appointments diary for the Member, arranging and cancelling appointments, meeting and greeting visitors as required.
- Managing the day-to-day office budget in accordance with the requirements set out in the Members Expenses Scheme.
- General administrative duties as required.
- Providing support with casework, including working with the caseworker to deal with and manage casework and investigating and responding to issues raised through correspondence, telephone calls, emails and surgeries.
- Providing basic research, including providing timely and accurate research on a wide range of devolved policy issues, delivering written and oral briefings as required, including proactively engaging internal and external expertise where appropriate.
Closing Date: 8 November 2019
Interviews will be held in November. Job start date will be 6 January 2020.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you want this job to Alexandra.Herdman@Parliament.Scot by 5pm on the closing date.