Date Added: 11 October 2019
: 17 October 2019
Job Title: Constituency Campaigns Organiser (Lewes)
Working For: Lewes Liberal Democrats
Salary: £20,000-£23,000, depending on experience
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who can manage a team of volunteers and build the Liberal Democrat campaigning capacity in Lewes. We are initially recruiting for a fixed term contract on the basis of an election taking place this Autumn, with a possibility for extension depending on the political circumstances.
- Implementing the delivery of the agreed constituency campaign plan as set out by the Lewes Campaign Team and other party stakeholders, including the party’s Campaigns Manager for England & Wales.
- Leading the implementation of ongoing programme of doorstep communication with voters.
- Assisting with the design, production, print and coordination of delivery of campaign literature.
- Working with the parliamentary candidate, agent and Campaigns Team to manage and support members and volunteers and maintain a members and helpers database.
- Co-ordinating campaigning events, activities and communication with the PPC, local party officers and members.
- Maintaining and updating social media, website and other digital infrastructure alongside the PPC, local party officers and members.
- Supporting fundraising and assisting with social and other events as required.
- Attending relevant conferences, training and other meetings as required.
The following criteria are considered essential:
- Highly organised.
- Experience of coordinating a diverse range of activities.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, members, volunteers and external organisations.
- An ability to engage proactively with volunteers in a confident manner, in order to persuade them to participate in campaigning activities.
- Excellent written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, self-motivating and to manage your own workload.
- Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathetic to the values and principles of the Liberal Democrats.
The following criteria are considered highly desirable:
- Experience of running Liberal Democrat campaigns at a General Election.
- Local knowledge of the Lewes constituency.
Closing Date: 17 October 2019
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis, and we reserve the right to appoint this position before the closing date. Interviews will be held in the Lewes constituency, however we may consider a remote interview through Skype or similar means.
Start date ASAP.
To apply for the role please send a CV and covering letter describing your suitability to Simon Burall at firstname.lastname@example.org