Date Added: 11 October 2019
: 28 October 2019
Job Title: Head of Research and Analysis
Working For: UK Music
Salary: Circa £50,000 pro rata for 3-4 days a week
Reporting to the Deputy CEO and Director of Public Affairs, responsibilities as below:
- Gather and analyse data for UK Music’s annual headline report, covering the economic value of the music industry, as well as music’s contribution to tourism.
- Gather and analyse data, as advised by UK Music’s Diversity Taskforce, to support the publication of the biennial report into diversity in the music industry.
- In conjunction with the Director of Communications and Digital Communications Officer draft and develop UK Music’s headline research publications, exploring innovative ways to highlighting key findings.
- Lead UK Music’s response to press and public questions about research and data.
- Provide chairmanship, administration and organisation to UK Music’s Research Working Group as necessary to deliver UK Music research objectives.
- Maintain regular contact programme with all UK Music members, including at a senior level, on UK Music’s key research work, as well as attend meetings of UK Music’s sub-Board structures when relevant.
- Present on research and data at UK Music Board meetings.
- Manage UK Music’s relationship with external partners commissioned to deliver research projects.
- In conjunction with the Research and Policy Officer -
- Develop original and robust research and data to support UK Music’s policy and campaigning work.
- Provide data and material to support responses to public consultations, ad hoc industry projects and UK Music’s regional development work.
- Liaise, on behalf of UK Music, with key officials at key government and devolved bodies (eg. DCMS, HM Treasury, Intellectual Property Office) on research and data, as well as attend relevant Creative Industries Council working groups.
- Work with the Director of Education and Skills to support elements of UK Music’s Music Academic Partnership (MAP), including advising on the research priorities of MAP members and providing presentations to students and academics on music industry research and data.
Specific skills, experience and knowledge required, which need to be evidenced in your application, are set out here https://www.ukmusic.org/news/were-hiring-uk-music-is-looking-for-a-new-head-of-research-and-analysis
Closing Date: 28 October 2019
Applications must be received by 9am on the closing date.
Applicants should be available for interviews during the weeks commencing 4th and 11th November.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, covering letter (not more than two-pages) setting out how you meet the requirements within the job description and completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (available here https://www.ukmusic.org/assets/general/Equal_Opportunities_Monitoring_Form.doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the closing date.
Please state on your application whether you have a preference to work three or four days a week in the role.
For further information on the role please contact Tom Kiehl on 07720 496 555.